The school holidays are nearly over and it is back to the routine of packing lunches. These muffins a great autumn addition to both kids and adult lunchboxes. But don't feel limited to just lunch, they are a perfect on the go breakfast or snack option. They freeze well and are delicious warm or cold.
Ingredients: 1 cup steamed and mashed pumpkin
1/2 cup grated zucchini
2 tablespoons rice malt syrup
1/4 cup macadamia or melted coconut oil
2 1/2 cups almond meal or almond flour
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons dried sage
Pinch Himalayan salt
Method: 1. Preheat your oven to 180 degrees Celcius.
2. Place 12 patty papers into a muffin tray or lightly grease a 12 hole muffin tray.
3. Break the eggs into a mixing bowl and beat or whisk until frothy.
4. Add the pumpkin, zucchini, oil, syrup and whisk again the mixture is smooth.
5. Add the remaining ingredients and mix until smooth and there are no lumps.
6. Pour or spoon the mixture into each patty paper or tray so that each is half full. Lightly tap the tray on the bench to smooth out the top.
7. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean or the muffin feels cooked when the top is lightly touched.